Ebb Therapeutics, the medical device innovator of Ebb Insomnia Therapy, has selected The Copley Consulting Group to facilitate and deploy Infor’s CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) solution. With the first and only FDA-cleared device that reduces the time it takes insomnia patients to fall asleep and enter deeper sleep, Ebb is anticipating significant growth as it prepares […]Read More +
ERP is the key needed by most midsize companies to access their full potential in the marketplace.
The midsize business sector is the backbone of the American economy with over 28 million SMBs in the country generating a collective revenue of $2.1 trillion. To maintain competitive strength against their larger counterparts, these organizations employ ERP solutions leading to the following key business benefits:
1. Integrated Enterprise Systems – ERP systems enable tight integration among siloed departments and information systems to enhance visibility and control into all business operations. The ability to automate business management functions ranging from accounting and finance to HR and post-sales services yields unprecedented efficiencies within the organization. All data related to sales, inventory and receivables, and other departments stored in a single repository allows easy access to the concerned stakeholders. The use of a single system also reduces redundant data entries and errors.
2. Scalability – ERP enables midsize firms to apply agile and lean business principles into their business model. This agility allows midsize firms to scale operations rapidly, in context to evolving and unpredictable business requirements as the key competitive differentiation to their larger counterparts.
3. Improved Decision Making – Real-time data access, analytics and reporting improves the capacity of key stakeholders to make data-driven decisions aligned with strategic business goals.
4. Better Supply Chain – ERP solutions drive improvements in process and ensure all aspects of the business work together to meet the same goal. These improvements in turn, reduce the cost of getting product to market and improve customer relationships. These tools help midsize organizations save resources by optimizing inventory, improve oversight of products and materials, and operate as a profit center.
5. Regulatory Compliance – 51% of midsize companies are concerned with compliance to Federal regulations; with more than a third of midsize businesses being fined or penalized for non-compliance. ERP solutions empower midsize firms with the control and security of sensitive business information to maintain compliance to stringent regulations.
6. Reduced Complexity – Integrated systems, streamlining processes and data control decease the level of complexity found in the company, which allows the simplest task to be completed efficiently and consistently over time and across multiple employees.
7. Better Reporting – Standardized reports used by all decision makers ensures that all stakeholders have access to the same information from the same source. ERP solutions provide real time access to the ever-changing business information that must be incorporated to obtain insightful reports.
8. Greater Cost and Expense Control – Real-time access to resource data enables true understanding by the business regarding the actual and projected costs of business, particularly important for midsize firms working with limited budgets.
9. Managing Health Care Reform – With new reforms in health care, all companies must be diligent in meeting new regulations or providing information about their employee’s health care qualifications. The challenge for midsize companies changes drastically based on the variation in numbers of employees working on a full-time or part-time basis.
10. Globalization – Expanding across borders requires a company to deal with issues, sometimes unfamiliar and unknown, related to new regulations, language, and market awareness. ERP solutions help these companies to incorporate these restrictions in their decision making process.
ERP solutions have proven integral to the planning, operation, and accountability of a company. For a mid-size business, these solutions provide the platform for growth and expansion at considerable rates. With many companies optimistic for an improved economy in 2015, ERP is the key needed by most midsize companies to access their full potential in the marketplace.